1. Where is Monica’s Danz Gym located?
We are located in the South West of Winnipeg, at 4 – 25 Scurfield Blvd. Scurfield can be found off of Waverley St. or Kenaston Blvd.
2. How do I register for classes?
Registration can be placed in the mailbox at the studio – we will then process the paperwork and payment, and notify you when you are officially registered. If you have questions or prefer to register in person, you are encouraged to come to the studio during office hours, and our friendly staff will help ensure you are placed in a class that is suitable for your level and experience. (Please check office hours here.)
3. How do I determine which class I should register for?
If you are new to MDG, please check out the class descriptions we have listed on our site to find out if we have what you are looking for. Then contact the office via email (email@example.com) or phone (204 – 261 – 8890) to discuss prior experience and ensure you register for the appropriate class(es.)
Please note: in order to encourage growth of artistry alongside skill development, all aerial danz students (except adult students) are required to register for a supporting dance class, such as Acro Danz or Style.
All MDG students who have participated in the previous season will receive class recommendations for the following season, near the end of May or beginning of June.
4. Which level is right for me?
- Beginner: limited or no experience.
- Beginner 1: at least one year of experience
- Beginner 2: 1 to 2 years of experience
- Experienced: 2 to 3 years of experience
- Experienced 1: 3 to 4 years of experience
- Experienced 2: 3 to 4 years of experience
- Intermediate: 4 to 5 years of experience
- Intermediate 1: 5 to 6 years of experience
- Intermediate 2: 6 to 7 years of experience
- Advanced: by placement only (includes: Danz Fusion, Impakt Encore, Impakt Maestro, Synergy Prep, Synergy, Junior Momentum + Momentum, and Advanced classes.)
Monica’s Danz Gym Inc.
Dream, Believe, Achieve
5. When does the new season (2015/16) begin?
The first day of classes is September 14, 2015. Classes will run until June 7, 2016. Dress rehearsals and annual shows will follow.
6. Are there performance opportunities, even for beginners?
At MDG, we encourage all students to participate in performance opportunities, to experience the joy of performing. We believe in sharing what we’ve learned, and dancing in our shows is a key aspect of the arts education we provide for our students. MDG Spring Shows, our year-end recitals, will be held at CCFM, the Centre cultural franco-manitobain (340 Provencher Blvd.) Dress Rehearsals will occur on June 8 and 9 Performances will take place on June 10, 11 and 12, 2016.
7. Are there classes on long weekends or holidays?
The studio will be closed for the following dates throughout the season, and there will NOT be class on:
- Thanksgiving Day – Monday, October 12, 2015
- Remembrance Day – Wednesday, November 11, 2015
- Winter Break – December 21, 2015 to January 4, 2016 (inclusive)
- Louis Riel Day – Monday, February 15, 2016
- Good Friday – Friday, March 25, 2016
- Spring Break – Monday, March 28 to Sunday, April 3, 2016 (inclusive)
- Victoria Day – Monday, May 23, 2016
Please note: classes WILL run during May Long Weekend – May 21 and 22, 2016.
8. Can parents or guests observe classes?
Parents or guests may watch class through the windows on our classroom doors – sitting in on regular class is not permitted. Parents ARE invited to observe their children’s class(es) and speak with the instructor during classes the week of November 16 to 21, 2015 (inclusive.)
9. What do students wear for class?
Please out the class descriptions we have listed on our site – all information pertaining to the required dance and active wear is available there. Simply look for the name and description of your class, and find full details listed below.
Please note: due to the nature of aerial dance, in order to protect our equipment so that it may serve students like you for several years, we ask that you do not wear anything with a zipper or buttons, that you remove all jewelry (except stud earrings) and long hair is tied back prior to class.
10. What is MDG’s withdrawal or refund policy?
If you chose to withdraw from a class for whatever reason, MDG may issue a refund for a portion of the fees; after a $30 administration fee is applied, we will refund your payment for the classes that will occur after the student has officially quit. Registration and aerial insurance fees are strictly non-refundable. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to process a refund.
Refunds will not be issued after April 1, 2016.
11. Is it possible to do a drop-in class?
For a selection of classes, we welcome drop-ins at MDG. The investment for a dance drop-in is $20, and for an aerial dance class it is $25.
Please make arrangements with the director one week prior to the class you wish to drop in on – be aware there are a few classes where drop-ins are not allowed, so we recommend you contact us before arriving to take the class.
12. Is it possible to make up for missed classes?
Yes, it is possible to do a make up class. Make up classes must be done within 4 weeks of the missed class.
Make up classes may not occur after April 1, 2016 due to preparations for MDG’s annual Spring Shows.
Please note: if you wish to make up for a dance class, you must do so with another dance class, such as acro danz or style. If you wish to make up for an aerial class, you must do so with another aerial class. Make up classes may not be done in a different genre than the class that was missed.
Please make arrangements with the director one week prior to the class you wish to drop in on.
13. Are receipts available for class payments?
Yes, written receipts are available at the time of payment.
Computer generated receipts for tax purposes will be distributed in February 2016.